An Agent-based Performance Evaluation System
Performance evaluation is one of the major factors that determine the growth and development of any organization. Competent and hardworking employees are identified proper appraisal, and promotion and gratuity are justly applied. Lack of clarity of performance metrics and bias create improper appraisal in organizations, with evaluation process mostly inconclusive, incomplete, and unfair, affecting the effectiveness of the result. This study, therefore, focused on developing a model and application towards achieving a staff-centric, task-centric and environment-centric computer-based appraisal system. In developing the proposed system, the spiral model of the Software Development Life Cycle was adopted. The software development environment consists of Netbeans Integrated Development Environment, Hypertext Mark-up language, MySQL, MySQL DB connector, Apache and PHPmyAdmin. The metrics that were used by the system to evaluate performance include attendance, employee responsiveness, punctuality and projects. The model was created and an agent-based performance evaluation application was developed as an instantiation of the model. The system revealed employee strengths and weaknesses regarding execution of a particular project.
A.H.M. Shamsuzzoha,., and M.R.H. Shumon. "Employee Turnover- a Study of its Causes and Effects to Different Industries in Bangladesh." Manufacturing Engineering/ Vyrobne Inzinierstvo, 6.3, pp 64-68, 2007.
D. R. Ilgen, and J. M. Feldman, Performance appraisal: A process focus. Research in Organizational Behavior, 5(1), 141-197, 1983
G. Bohlander, and S. Snell. “Implementing compensation and security.” Managing Human Resources, 439-442, 2004.
H. Holgers, and K. Joost-Pieter “Model-checking algorithms for continuous-time Markov chains.” Software Engineering, IEEE Transactions on, 29(6), 524-541, 2014.
J. Qu, F. Dang, Y. Xu, and F. Fan. “Design and implementation of power enterprise staff performance appraisal system based on Flex and J2EE.” In Computational and Information Sciences (ICCIS), 2012 Fourth International Conference on, (2012) 702-705.
J.P. Muczyk, and G. Myron "Managing Sales Performance through a Comprehensive Performance Appraisal System," Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, 7, 41-52, 1987
K. Venclová, S. Andrea and K. Gabriela. “Identification of employee performance appraisal methods in agricultural organizations.” Journal of Competitiveness 5(2), 20-36, June 2013
L. E. Daoanis “Performance Appraisal System: It’s Implication to Employee Performance.” International Journal of Economics and Management Sciences, 2(3), 55-62, 2012.
L.S. Gordon (2016) “Performance Appraisal - An important managerial Responsibility. Internet: http://www.managerwise.com/article.phtonl?id=161 [February 23, 2016].
M. Armstrong, and A. Baron. Managing performance: performance management in action. London: CIPD, 2005.
N. Arbaiy, and Z. Suradi. “Staff performance appraisal using fuzzy evaluation.” International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations, 195-203. Springer, Boston, MA. 2007.
N. J. Adler and S. Bartholomew. “Managing globally competent people.” The Executive, 6(3), 52-65, 1992.
R. Cintron. “Performance Appraisal: A Supervision or Leadership Tool?” International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2(17), 29-37, 2011.
S. Yu, Z. Lisha and L.Chen . "A method on post-evaluation of whole staff performance management based on fuzzy partial ordering and rough sets." Emergency Management and Management Sciences (ICEMMS), 2nd IEEE International Conference on, pp. 391-394, 2011.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.