Machine Learning for Handwriting Recognition
With the knowledge of current data about particular subject, machine learning tries to extract hidden information that lies in the data. By applying some mathematical functions and concepts to extract hidden information, machine learning can be achieved and we can predict output for unknown data. Pattern recognition is one of the main application of ML. Patterns are usually recognized with the help of large image data-set. Handwriting recognition is an application of pattern recognition through image. By using such concepts, we can train computers to read letters and numbers belonging to any language present in an image. There exists several methods by which we can recognize hand-written characters. We will be discussing some of the methods in this paper.
. Surya Nath RS, and S. Afseena. "Handwritten Character Recognition–A Review." International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (2015).
. Salma Shofia Rosyda, and Tito Waluyo Purboyo. "A Review of Various Handwriting Recognition Methods." International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 13.2 (2018): 1155-1164.
. Younus, S. B. S., S. Shajun Nisha, and M. Mohamed Sathik. "Comparative Analysis of Activation Functions in Neural Network for Handwritten Digits." Studies in Indian Place Names 40.71 (2020): 793-799.
. Jagan Mohan Reddy D, A Vishnuvardhan Reddy "Recognition of Handwritten Characters using Deep Convolutional Neural Network".
. Hruday M. "Implementation of Handwritten Character Recognition using Neural Network".
. Meenu Mohan, and R. L. Jyothi. "Handwritten Character Recognition: A Comprehensive Review on Geometrical Analysis."
. Yuval Netzer, Tao Wang Adam Coates Alessandro Bissacco Bo Wu Andrew Y. Ng. "Reading digits in natural images with unsupervised feature learning." (2011).
. Polaiah Bojja., Naga Sai Satya Teja Velpuri, Gautham Kumar Pandala,S D Lalitha Rao Sharma Polavarapu "Handwritten Text Recognition using Machine Learning Techniques in Application of NLP".
. Ahmed Mahdi Obaid, IIHazem M. El Bakry, IIIM.A. Eldosuky, IVA.I. Shehab "Handwritten text recognition system based on neural network." Int. J. Adv. Res. Comput. Sci. Technol.(IJARCST) 4.1 (2016): 72-77.
. S. M. Shamim, Mohammad Badrul Alam Miah, Angona Sarker, Masud Rana, Abdullah Al Jobair "Handwritten digit recognition using machine learning algorithms." Global Journal Of Computer Science And Technology (2018).
. P. Shankar Rao, J. Aditya. "Handwriting Recognition – “Offline” Approach".
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Computer (IJC)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.