Opinion Mining Using Twitter Feeds for Political Analysis
Sentiment analysis deals with identifying and understanding opinions and sentiments expressed in a particular text. The masses give their opinion regarding various subjects on social media platforms using tweets, status updates and blogs. By analyzing this very data, we can gain better insight of the public opinion on any subject in specific. On performing sentiment analysis in a specific domain, it is possible to identify the effect of domain information in sentiment classification. Twitter sentiment analysis is difficult compared to general sentiment analysis due to the presence of slang words and misspellings. The maximum limit of characters allowed in Twitter is 140. In this paper, we try to analyze the twitter posts about government issues and political reforms. The proposed framework uses Twitter as the platform to analyze the emotions of the users using Sentiment Analysis. The system will use the opinions of the users, analyze the reaction and then map it to the appropriate region.
Delip Rao, Deepak Ravichandran. (2009). Semi-Supervised Polarity Lexicon Induction.
Delenn Chin, Anna Zappone, Jessica Zhao. Analyzing Twitter Sentiment of the 2016 Presidential Candidates.
Filipe N Ribeiro, Matheus Ara´ujo, Pollyanna Gonc¸alves, Marcos Andr´e Gonc¸alves, Fabr´ıcio Benevenuto. (2016, July). SentiBench - a benchmark comparison of state-of-the-practice sentiment analysis methods.
C.J. Hutto, Eric Gilbert. (2014).VADER: A Parsimonious Rule-based Model for Sentiment Analysis of Social Media Text.
Bo Yuan. (2016). Sentiment Analysis of Twitter Data.
Andranik Tumasjan, Timm O. Sprenger, Philipp G. Sandner, Isabell M. Welpe. (2010). Predicting Elections with Twitter: What 140 Characters Reveal about Political Sentiment.
Preslav Nakov, Alan Ritter, Sara Rosenthal, Fabrizio Sebastiani|, Veselin Stoyanov. (2016, June). SemEval-2016 Task 4: Sentiment Analysis in Twitter.
Pang, B., Lee, L. & Vaithyanathan, S. (2002). Sentiment Classification using Machine Learning Techniques.
Gebrekirstos Gebremeskel. (2011, May). Sentiment Analysis of Twitter Posts about News.
Effective Text Data Cleaning [Online]. Available
Mining and Preprocessing Twitter Data with Python [Online]. Available
Useful Pandas Techniques in Python for Data Manipulation [Online].Available https://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2016/01/12-pandas-techniques-python-data-manipulation/
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.