A Study on Text Based Steganography Using Email Platform and Color Mapping
Steganography is the art of hiding of a message within another so that presence of hidden message is indistinguishable. The key concept behind steganography is that message to be transmitted is not detectable to the casual eye. This is also the advantage of steganography over cryptography. Modern digital steganography uses text, images, audio, video etc. as a cover medium. This paper presents a mechanism of storing the secret message using forward email platform and color mapping table. Various experiments have been conducted and the results are analyzed in this paper.
H.Kabetta, B.Y. Dwiandiyanta, Suyoto, “Information hiding in CSS: A secure scheme text-steganography using public key Cryptosystem”, IJCIS, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 13-22, December 2011.
M Garg,” A Novel Text Steganography Technique Based on Html Documents”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Vol. 35, pp.129-138, October, 2011.
W. Bender, D. Gruhl, N. Morimoto, and A. Lu, “Techniques for data hiding”, IBM Systems Journal, Vol. 35, No. 3&4, pp. 313-336, 1996.
P.Singh, R.chaudhary and A.Agarwal,” A Novel Approach of Text Steganography based on null spaces”, IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 11-17, July-Aug. 2012.
M.S. Shahreza,” A New Method for Steganography in HTML Files”, Advances in Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering, pp. 247-251, 2007, Springer.
R. Kumar, A. Malik, “A Space based reversible high capacity text steganography scheme using Font type and style”, International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation, IEEE, 2016, pp.1090-1094.
R. Saniei, K. Faez, “The Capacity of Arithmetic Compression Based Text Steganography Method”, Iranian Conference on Machine Vision and Image Processing, pp.38-42, 2013.
H. Singh, P.K. Singh, K. Saroha, “A Survey on Text Based Steganography”, Proceedings of the 3rd National Conference; INDIACom-2009, 2009, pp. 26-27.
J.A. Memon, K. Khowaja, and H. Kazi, “Evaluation of steganography for Urdu /Arabic text”, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, Vol. 4,No. 3, pp. 232-237, 2008.
K. Bennett, " Linguistic Steganography: Survey, Analysis, and Robustness Concerns for Hiding Information in Text ", Purdue University, CERIASTech Report 2004-13.
S.H. Low, N.F. Maxemchuk, J.T. Brassil, and L. O'Gorman, “Document marking and identification using both line and word shifting”, Proceedings of the Fourteenth Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '95), Vol. 2, April 1995, pp. 853 – 860.
A.M. Alattar, and O.M. Alattar, “Watermarking electronic text documents containing justified paragraphs and irregular line spacing”, Proceedings of SPIE -- Volume5306, Security, Steganography, and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents VI, pp. 685-695, June 2004.
D. Huang, and H. Yan, “Inter word Distance Changes Represented by Sine Waves for Watermarking Text Images”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 1237-1245, December 2001.
M. H. Shirali-Shahreza, and S. Shirali-Shahreza, “A New Approach to Persian/Arabic Text Steganography”, Proceedings of 5th IEEE/ACIS international Conference on Computer and Information Science and 1st IEEE/ACIS International Workshop on Component-Based Software Engineering, Software Architecture and Reuse (ICIS-COMSAR’06), June 2006, pp. 310-315.
M. H. Shirali-Shahreza, and S. Shirali-Shahreza, “A Robust Page Segmentation Method for Persian/Arabic Document”, WSEAS Transactions on Computers, Vol. 4, No. 11, pp. 1692-1698, Nov. 2005.
A. Malik, G. Sikka and H. K. Verma, "A high capacity text steganography scheme based on LZW compression and color coding," Engineering Science and Technology, An International Journal, Vol.20, No. 1, pp. 72-79, 2017.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.