An Automated Method for Brain Tumor Segmentation Based on Level Set
In this paper, an automatic method has been proposed for tumor segmentation. In this method, a new energy function by introducing the feature tumor is determined implemented by level set. Multi-scale Morphology Fuzzy filter is applied to the image and its output determines the tumor feature. The initial contour selection is important in active contour models. Therefor the initial contour has been selected automatically by using Hough transform and morphology function. Experimental results on MR images verify the desirable performance of the proposed model in comparison with other methods.
Chi. Lee, Sh. Wang, A. Murtha, Ma R. G. Brown and R. Greiner, “Segmenting Brain Tumors using Pseudo Conditional Random Fields.” Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv., vol.11, pp. 359-66. 2008.
N. Bh Bahadure, A. K. Ray, and H. P. Thethi, “Image Analysis for MRI Based Brain Tumor Detection and Feature Extraction Using Biologically Inspired BWT and SVM.” International journal of Biomedical Imaging Vol. 2017, ID. 9749108, 2017
J. Liu , J.K. Udupa , D. Odhner , D. Hackney , G. Moonis , “A system for brain tumor volume estimation via MR imaging and fuzzy connectedness,” Comput Med Imaging Graph., vol. 29, no.1, pp. 21-34, Jan 2005.
G.Moonisa, J.Liub, J.K.Udupab and D.B.Hackneya, “Estimation of Tumor Volume with Fuzzy-Connectedness Segmentation of MR Images. ” American journal of neuroradiology, Vol.38, no.2, 2001.
L.Zhao and K.Jia. “Multiscale CNNs for Brain Tumor Segmentation and Diagnosis,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, Vol. 2016 , Article ID 8356294, 2016
T.Weglinski and A.Fabijanska, “Brain tumor segmentation from MRI data sets using region growing approach, ” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Perspective Technologies and Methods in MEMS Design (MEMSTECH '11), pp. 185–188, May 2011.
V. Caselles, R. Kimmel, and G. Sapiro, “Geodesic active contours,” Int. J. Comput.Vis, vol. 22, pp. 61–79, 1997.
Y. Xiang, A.C.S Chung, J. Ye, “An active contour model for image segmentation based on elastic interaction.” Journal of Computational Physics, pp. 455–476, 2006.
N. Paragios and R. Deriche, “Geodesic active regions and level set methods for supervised texture segmentation.” Int. J. Computer.Vis., vol.46, pp. 223–247, 2002.
T. Chan and L. Vese, “Active contours without edges.” IEEE Trans.Image Process., vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 266–277, Feb. 2001.
X. Xie, M. Mirmehdi, “MAC: Magnetostatic Active Contour Model.” IEEE Tran.Pat.Ana, vol.30, no.4, april 2008.
C. Li, C.Y. Kao, J.C. Gore and Z. Ding, “Minimization of region-scalable fitting energy for image segmentation.” IEEE Trans. Image Process., 2008, 17, (10), pp. 1940–1949
M.T. Dehkordi, A. Doosthoseini, S. Sadri, and H. Soltanianzadeh, “local feature fitting active contour for segmenting vessel in angiograms.” IET computer vision, Vol.8, no.3, pp.161-170, 2014.
K. Zhang, H. Song and L. Zhang, “Active contours driven by local image fitting energy”, Patt. Recognit., 2010, 43, pp. 1199–1206M.
M. T. Dehkordi, M. Jalalat, S. Sadri, A. Doosthoseini, M. Ahmadzadeh, and R. Amirfattahi, “Vesselness-guided Active Contour: A Coronary Vessel Extraction Method.” J Med Signals Sens., vol.4, no. 2, pp.150–157, Apr-Jun 2014.
K. Zhang, L. Zhang, K. M. Lam, and D. Zhang, “A Level Set Approach to Image Segmentation With Intensity Inhomogeneity.” IEEE transactions on cybernetcs, V0l.46. no.2, pp.546-57, 2016 Feb
T. Lindeberg, “Scale-Space Theory in Computer Vision.” Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1994
M. T. Dehkordi, “A new active contour model for tumor segmentation.” 3rd International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis (IPRIA2017), pp.233-236.
K. Sun, Zh. Chen, Sh. Jiang and Yu. Wang, “Morphological Multiscale Enhancement Fuzzy Filter and Watershed for Vascular Tree Extraction in Angiogram.” Journal of Medical Systems 35(5):811-24 • October 2011
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.