An Enhanced Scheduling Algorithms Framework on Wi-Fi for Reducing Network Delay
Wi-Fi is a modern wireless network that provides several converged integration service. Due to remarkable growth there is a need to improve quality of service. This research focus on developing framework that enhanced the scheduling in Wi-Fi and improving QoS so as to allocate resources based on aggregation of frames, separation of different access categories. The problems which the Wi-Fi user’s face is delay of packets. This research focuses on Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11n that support a high bandwidth transmission rate and aggregation of Ethernet packets. A simulation was carried out to compare network QoS performance with and without the proposed framework. Simulations Shows that there is reduction of delay, the change in packet size in this Simulation control environment slightly alters the delay. There is reduction in delay when using Dynamic Aggregation Scheduler compared to without Dynamic Aggregation Scheduler. Generally as the packet size increases, Dynamic Aggregation Scheduler reduces the delay. Although, this scheduling algorithm produced better QoS results there were still some delay in the network.
Michael M.(2013).Wireless Networking Absolute Beginners’ Guide. Pearson Education.
Matheus, K. and Königseder, T. (2015). Automotive ethernet 1st Edition.United Kingdom: Cambridge university press, pp.1-6.
Jyoti K, Shoba K, Ninad S (2012)” Frame Aggregation Mechanism for High-throughput 802.11n WLANS”.International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks (IJWMN) Vol. 4, No. 3, June 2012.
Anwar Saif, Mohamed Othman, Shamala Subramaniam & Nor AsilaWati Abdul Hamid (2011) Frame Aggregation in Wireless Networks: Techniques and Issues, IETE Technical Review, vol28 issue 4 , Jul-Aug 2011.
Miguel B and Peter L (2011).QOS-Enabled Networks:Tools and Foundations 1st Edition. United Kingdom: John Wiley& Sons Ltd.
Kurose F.J, Keith R. (2013). Computer Networking. A Top-Down Approach. 6th ed. Pearson Education.pp35-44.
Dirk.W Weiler (2017).European Telecommunications Standards Institute 2017.PowerLine Telecommunications(PLT);Quality of Service (QoS) requirements for in-house systems.
Adejare,J.(2015).”Single Queue Priority Scheduler for Video Transmission in IEEE 802.11 Networks”. University of Cape Town Presentation .
Alaslani, M. (2015). “Green Frame Aggregation Scheme for IEEE 802.11n Networks”. King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Lu, Z. & Yang, H., 2012. Unlocking the Power of OPNET Modeler, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.