Holistic Approach to Big Data Definition using Analysis of Facts
Big data has become a concern of science, industry, business, and academics, thus it is no more a buzzword but an emerging technology as viewed by researchers from different perspectives. Thus, different perspectives produced different definitions, of which none of them fully described big data. This research analysed some profound definitions based on discovered facts about big data. The facts are its characteristics, its technology, mode of transfer, its analysis, its infrastructure and security. Thus, a new definition was proposed which captures the basic facts about big data. Big data has its characteristics as foundations, and the rest facts as the pillars. These facts reflect in-depth meaning and understanding of big data to science, industry, business and academics.
G. Kaustav and N. Asoke. "Big Data : Security Issues, and challenges." International Journal of Research Studies in Computer Science and Engineering (IJRSCSE), 2016, pp. 1-11.
Y. Prasad and K. R. Reddy. "Data Mining With Big Data." International Journal and Magazine of Engineering, Technology, Management and Research, 2015, pp. 493-496.
F. Helena, F. Evelyn, R. Donya, and B. Dmitriy. Big Data How it can become a differentiator. USA: Deutsche Bank AG, 2014.
L. Dough.. 3D Data Management: Controlling Data Volume, Velocity, and Variety . Stanford: META Group, 2001.
B. Howe. "Big Data Science Needs Big Data Middleware." Seventh Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems, 2015.
H. Philipp and M. Heather. "Parallelizing Machine Learning– Functionally: A Framework and Abstractions for Parallel Graph Processing." 2nd Annual Scala Workshop, 2011.
C. Min, M. Shiwen, and L. Yunhao. "Big Data:A Survey." Mobile Netw Appl, 2014, pp.171-209.
F. Wei and B. Albert. "Mining Big Data: Current Status, and Forecast to the Future." SIGKDD Explorations, 2013, pp. 1-5.
R. Hermon, and P. A. William. "Big Data In Healthcare: What Is It Used For." Australian eHealth Informatics and Security Conference. Perth, Western Australia: Edith Cowan University Research Online, 2014, pp.39-49.
L. Jimmy and ChrisDyer. Data-Intensive Text Processing with MapReduce. Morgan and Claypool, 2010.
J. Dijcks. Oracle: Big Data for the Enterprise. Carlifonia: Oracle Corporation, 2013.
Intel. 2014. Peer Research: Big Data Analytics. USA: Intel, 2014.
R. Andreas. (2016, November 2). "Big Data Definition." MIKE2.0. November 2. Available: http:mike2.openmethodology.org/wiki/Big_Data_Definition. [July 1, 2018].
D. M. Andrea, G. Marco, and G. Michele. "What is Big Data? A consensual Definition and a Review of Key Research Topics." International Conference on Integrated Information, AIP, 2014, pp. 97-104.
J. Ward and A. Baker. "Undefined By Data: ASurvey of Big Data Definitions." Cornel University Library. September 20. arXiv:1309.5821v1, 2013.
F. Jianqing, H. Fang and L. Han. "Challenges of Big Data Analysis." arXiv, 2013, pp. 1-38.
Morais, Telmo da Silva. "Survey on Frameworks for distributed Computing: Hadoop, Spark and Storm." 10th Doctoral Symposium on Informatics Engineering. Porto, Portugal, 2015, pp. 95-105.
A. Bansal, M. Shama, and S. Goel. “Improved K-mean Clustering Algorithm for Prediction Analysis using Classification Technique in Data Mining.” International Journal of Computer Applications, 2017, 35-40.
A. Manohar, P. Gupta, V. Priyanka and M. Uddin. Utilizing Big Data Analytics to Improve Education. Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT USA, 2017.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.