Evaluating the Effectiveness of Digital Inclusion at Private Educational Schools in Gaza Strip
The research aims to evaluate the process of digital inclusion and the usage of digital tools in the educational process at private schools in Gaza Strip - Palestine. Education is the beacon of knowledge and development that is accompanied by developmental processes aimed at rising and improving the quality of service through the use of digital tools in all aspects of the educational and administrative processes within a school. In this study, the research team sought to know the tools used in the process of digital integration, and the challenges and problems faced by teachers while using digital tools, in addition to providing recommendations to help solve or mitigate problems. The descriptive analytical method is adopted to carry out the research. The results of the study showed weakness in the effectiveness of the digital inclusion process and the use of digital tools in the educational process in private schools. Furthermore, recommendations to the schools’ administrations, teachers and the Ministry of Education are stated in order to alleviate the problems and challenges of using digital tools.
V. J. K. Rideout, V.S., "Opportunity for all? Technology and learning in lower-income families.," The Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop., New York, USA2016.
A. Shaqour, "Reality of Employment of Technological Innovations and the Constraints of this Employment in West Bank and Gaza Strip Schools from the Teachers's Perspective.," (in Arabic), An-Najah University Journal for Research - B (Humanities), vol. 27, no. 2, p. 34, 2013.
W. S. o. t. I. S. WSIS. (2003). Declaration of principles. Building the information society: a global challenge in the new millennium. Available: http://www.itu.int/net/wsis/docs/geneva/official/dop.html
MIT, "Digital Inclusion: Transforming Education through Technology," presented at the LINC 2016, Cambridge, MA, USA, 23/05/2016, 2016.
UNESCO, "UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers," UNESCO, Paris, France2011.
MoBroadbandNow, "Building Digital Inclusion," Missouri, USA2012, issue 2.
S. F. Sossa, A. M. Rivilla, and M. L. C. González, "Digital inclusion in education in Tarija, Plurinational State of Bolivia," (in English), p. 17, 2015.
T. M. o. E. a. H. E. o. P. PMEHE, "The Statistical Yearbook for Education in Gaza Governorates 2017/2016," Gaza Strip2016.
M. Emad-Eldin. (2004) Management by roaming. MAREFA Magazine.
Our-Kids. (2012). Private schools vs. public schools: which one is better for your child? Available: http://www.ourkids.net/blog/private-schools-public-schools-which-is-better-20496
S. S. Tarazi, "The Impact of ICT on Developing Teaching Skills for English Teachers at Private Schools in Gaza.," M.A., Curricula & Teaching Methods, AL-Azhar University - Gaza, Gaza Strip, 2017.
S. Tripathi, "Importance of Education : 21 Reasons why Education is Important," in Discover the Importance of India, ImportantIndia.com, Ed., ed. India: ImportantIndia.com, 2014.
A. M. C. F. H. Rights, "Education in the Gaza Strip, The major challenges & Solutions' Trends," Gaza Strip2017, Available: http://www.mezan.org/post/24312.
R. A. Abdelmoun'em, "The status and obstacles of using interactive smart board from the point view of tutors at UNRWA schools according to experience years and specialty at west Gaza region in Palestine.," (in English), Journal of Al-Aqsa University: Series of Human Sciences, vol. 15, no. 2, p. 37, 2015.
A. E. A. Saleh, "Managerial Problems in Private Schools and their Effect on Education from the Perspectives of Principals, Teachers, Parents and Students in North Palestine Districts," Master of Education, Faculty of Graduate Studies, An–Najah National University, Nablus, Palestine., 2004.
J. R. Brown, T., Doing Second Language Research. UK: Oxford University Press, 2002.
P. M. Maykut, R., Beginning qualitative research: A philosophic and practical guide. UK: The Falmer Press, 1994.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.