Managing Infrastructure Water and Petroleum Demand in KSA by GIS
The purpose of this paper is showing, how Geographical Information Systems (GIS ) can be used to support infrastructure planners and analyst on water and petroleum demand of a local area in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). The first part of this work discusses the issue of analysis, design and creating the geodatabase system of KSA land and infrastructure using Stylus Studio XML editor, describing the components of the whole system of Subareas in Saudi Arabia affecting local infrastructure planning and analyzing which include of specific area and facilities management. The second part defines the creation of the GIS application of the discussed field having the GIS functions of the infrastructure discusses the geodatabase of the application of GIS In infrastructure in Saudi Arabia districts. The third part defines the results of the statistics analysis populations in the Subareas, specify the relation between water resources and the elevations of subareas, the data of the layers of roads, railroads existing in Saudi Arabia specially in the eastern area where most petroleum s wells are found.
Using Google earth to show the elevation of the subareas and the relation with the water resources. Three groups of GIS forms was produced they are the geodatabase of the Saudi Arabia (area, subareas and main cities) ,water resources layers (water in land , water area and land cover ) , roads, railroads and elevations layers. The main contribution in the paper, discussed the infrastructure and the results of the statistics analysis populations in the subareas, specify the relation between water resources and the elevations of subareas of the data layers of roads, railroads existing in Saudi Arabia, especially in the eastern area where most petroleum's wells are found production and exploration of petroleum including the geodatabase of wells of petroleum distributed in Saudi Arabia finding the locations using Google earth map, satellites to locate the areas of producing petroleum.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.