Comparative Study for Text Document Classification Using Different Machine Learning Algorithms
Classification is a supervised learning method: the goal is finding the labels of the unknown object. In the real world, the tedious amounts of manual works are required to label the unknown documents. The system is initially trained by labeled documents by using one of the supervise machine learning algorithm and then applied trained model to predict the label of the unknown documents. The framework of text document classification consists of: input text document, pre-processing, feature extraction and classification. The analysis four common classification methods are performed: Naïve Bayes, Decision Tree, Support Vector Machine and K-nearest neighbors for text document classification. The main focus of this paper is to present comparative study of different exiting classification methods for text document classification. The experiment performed different classification methods on the Enron Email Dataset and measure classification accuracy, true positive, true negative, false positive and false negative to compare the performance of different classification methods.
Isa, D., Lee, L.H., Kallimani, V.P. and Rajkumar, R., 2008. Text document preprocessing with the Bayes formula for classification using the support vector machine. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data engineering, 20(9), pp.1264-1272.
Sebastiani, F., 2002. Machine learning in automated text categorization. ACM computing surveys (CSUR), 34(1), pp.1-47.
Joulin, A., Grave, E., Bojanowski, P. and Mikolov, T., 2016. Bag of tricks for efficient text classification. arXiv preprint arXiv:1607.01759.
Nigam, K., McCallum, A.K., Thrun, S. and Mitchell, T., 2000. Text classification from labeled and unlabeled documents using EM. Machine learning, 39(2-3), pp.103-134.
Forman, G., 2003. An extensive empirical study of feature selection metrics for text classification. Journal of machine learning research, 3(Mar), pp.1289-1305.
Filannino, M., 2011. DBWorld e-mail classification using a very small corpus. The University of Manchester.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.