An Improved Rapid Response Model for University Admission Enquiry System Using Chatbot
A model for real-time response on admission related enquiries was developed in this research with the aim of bridging the lag usually experienced through the conventional approach of phone call and email. The model was implemented using IBM Watson to design a Chatbot for rapid response to admission enquiries. Botium was used to evaluate the performance of the Chatbot which gave an accuracy of 95.9% with instance of 212successful test cases and 9failed test cases. The approach introduces users to new and emerging technological solutions for optimal and rapid response in the educational sector.
. O’Keefe, T. (2018). Enquiry-based Learning. Concept to Classroom. Retrieved from edonline: https://www.thirteen.org/edonline/concept2c lass/about.html
. de Juan-Jordan, H., Guijarro-Garcia, M., & Hernandez Gadea, J. (2018). Feature Analysis of the "Customer Relationship Management" Systems for Higher Education Institutions. Multidisciplinary Journal for Education, Social and Technological Sciences, 5(1). Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.4995/muse.2018.9232
. Guvindan Raju, K., Adams, C., & Srinivas, R. (2018). "Cognitive Virtual Admissions Counselor". SMU Data Science Review, 1(1), 6. Retrieved from https://scholar.smu.edu/datasciencereview/v ol1/iss1/6
. Sajjad, H. (2017). Chatbot: Implementation and User Engagement. Bachelor of Engineering, Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Helsinki.
. Nuromedia. (2017). AI, Machine Learning & Chatbots. Retrieved December 11, 2018, from Nuromedia: https://www.nuromedia.com/machine- learning/
. Newlands, M. (2018). The Definitive Guide to Chatbots: These Bots Are Here to Serve. Retrieved December 01, 2018, from Entrepreneur: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/306386
. Kjersti, B. (n.d.). The Chatbot Will See You Now. Can chatbots be a supplementary element in doctor-patient communication? Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
. Meulen, R. v. (2016). Gartner Says by 2019, 20 Percent of User Interactions with Smartphones Will Take Place via VPAs [Press release]. Retrieved November 26, 2018, from Gartner: https://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3551217
. Nikolas, P. (2014). Chatbot for Admissions. Master’s thesis, University of Birmingham, Birmingham.
. Tarun, L., Shashank, B., Ashish, P., Shreya, B., & Vasundhara, R. (2018). Implementation of a Chatbot System using AI and NLP. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer Science & Technology (IJIRCST), 6(3), 26.
. Wilson, N. (2018). Interactive Advising with Bots: Improving Academic Excellence in Educational Establishments. American Journal of Operations Management and Information Systems, 3(1), 6.
. Ranoliya, B. R., Raghuwanshi, N., & Singh, S. (2017). Chatbot for University Related FAQs. 2017 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), (pp. 1525-1530). Udupi. doi:10.1109/ICACCI.2017.8126057
. Thakur, N., Hiwrale, A., Selote, S., Shinde, A., & Mahakalkar, N. (2017). Artificially Intelligent Chatbot. Universal Research Reports, 4(6), 43.
. Adams, C., Raja, K. G., & Srinivas, R. (2018). Cognitive Virtual Admissions Counselor. SMU Data Science Review, 1(1). Retrieved from https://scholar.smu.edu/datasciencereview/v ol1/iss1/6
. Rachit, K., Ankit, M., Nakul, P., & Charmi, V. (2017). College Chat-bot. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET), 6(4).
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Computer (IJC)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.