Human Resource Information System with Digital Archiving
This study aimed to develop an automated tool for Human Resource Information System (HRIS) with security code and verifier integrated module. Rapid Application Development (RAD) Model was used in the planning, creating, deploying, and testing the system. VisualBasic.net, Navicat, and Dezign were utilized in the system development and MySQL as database. The system helps manages employees’ records, in particular, information for leave credits, service records, and training development programs. It also tracks employees' performance and skills and manage the office resources. Using the system evaluation based on the ISO 9126 standard, the system has a high rate of usability (4.27), functionality (4.35), maintainability (4.23), and efficiency (4.30). Thus, the system is believed to provide a significant contribution to the productivity of the Human Resource employees; thereby, generating a due and timely feedback to the administration.
A. Nagendra, & M. Deshpande. “Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) in HR planning and development in mid to large sized organizations.” Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, vol. 133, pp 61-67, May 2014
. C. Guionneau, M. Isoard, & X. Plattard. “Method for archiving user data.” U.S. Patent Application No. 15/510,971, Nov. 2017
. M. Peairs, J.J. Hull, J. Cullen, & K. Suzuki. “Automatic document archiving for a computer system.” U.S. Patent No. 8,793,220. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, US Patent 8,793,220, July 2014
. T. R. Peltier, (April 2016). “Information Security Policies, Procedures, and Standards: guidelines for effective information security management”. Available: https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/e/9780429114717 [June 2019]
. A. F. Karikari, P. A.Boateng, & E. O Ocansey. “The Role of Human Resource Information System in the Process of Manpower Activities.” American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, vol. 5 (06), p 424, June 2015
. Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 9470, Otherwise Known As the National Archives Of The Philippines Act of 2007. Available: https://ppsc.gov.ph/mediafiles/pdf/IRR_of_R.A._9470.pdf [May 2019]
. C. Maier, S. Laumer, A. Eckhardt & T. Weitzel. “Analyzing the impact of HRIS implementations on HR personnel’s job satisfaction and turnover intention.” The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, vol. 22(3), pp. 193-207, Sep. 2013
. Omnibus Rules on Leave – Rule XVI of the Omnibus Rules Implementing Book V of EO 292. Available: http://hr.ctu.edu.ph/hr/KnowledgeBase/OmnibusRulesonLeave.pdf [May 2019]
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Computer (IJC)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.