Stationary Wavelet Transform(SWT) Based MRI Images Enhancement and Brain Tumor Segmentation
Brain tumor is the anomalous growing of Brain cancer cells. Because of its complex structure, brain tumor segmentation and identification are very difficult tasks in medical field. As with MR image processing, MR images are particularly sensitive to noise, resulting in errors in image acquisition and transmission such as Gaussian noise and impulse noise, etc. MRI image is filtered with Median filter and Wiener filter simultaneously to improve the MR image The Stationary Wavelet Transform (SWT) is then used to combine both Median and Wiener filter results. After preprocessing, Adaptive K-means clustering is used for image segmentation. In the post processing step, morphological operation and Median filter are used to get better segmentation results. This method is applied to the BRATS-2015 dataset, which consists of multi-sequence MRI data available to the public from patients with brain tumors. The well-known, based line methods are compared for comparing the proposed system. Mean Square Error (MSE) and Peak Signal Noise Ratio (PSNR) are used in evaluation of the enhancement. For testing tumor segmentation measures, True Positive Rate (TPR), True Negative Rate (TNR), Accuracy, and Jaccard Similarity Index are used. Compared with dependent line methods and state of the art, this system performs well, especially for the entire tumor area.
. Bhatt, M.B., Arya, D., Mishra, A. N., Singh, M., Singh, P., & Gautam, M., “A New Wavelet-based Multifocus Image Fusion Technique using Method Noise-Median Filtering”, In 2019 4th International conference on Internet of Things: Smart Innovation and Usages (IoT-SIU), 2019, pp.1-6, IEEE.
. Nandeesh, M.D., & Meenakshi, M., “A novel technique of medical image fusion using stationary wavelet transform and principal component analysis”, in 2015 international conference on smart sensors and systems (IC-SSS),2015,pp.1-5, IEEE.
. El Mansouri, O., Basarab, A., Vidal, F., Kouame, D., & Tourneret, J.Y., “Fusion of magnetic resonance and ultrasound images: A preliminary study on simulated dat”, in 2019 IEEE 16th International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI 2019), 2019, pp.1733-1736, IEEE.
. Min, A., & Kyu, Z. M., “Mri images Enhancement and Tumor Segmentation for Brain”, in 2017 18th Internation Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies (PDCAT), 2017, pp. 170-275, IEEE.
. Jemimma, T. A., & Vetharaj, Y. J., “Watershed Algorithm based DAPP features fro Brain Tumor Segmentation and Classification”, in 2018 Internal Conference on Smart Systems and Inventive Technology (ICSSIT), 2018, pp.155-158, IEEE.
. Padlia, M., & Sharma, J., “Brain tumor segmentation from MRI using fractional sobel mask and watershed transform”, in 2017 International Conference on Infromation Communication, Instrumentation and Control (ICICIC), 2017, pp.1-6, IEEE.
. Ryalat, M. H., Emmens, D., Hulse, M., Bell, D., Al-Rahamneh, Z., Laycock, S., & Fisher, M. (2016, September). Evaluation of particle swarm optimisation for medical image segmentation. In International Conference on Systems Science (pp. 61-72). Springer, Cham.
. Pravallika, K., Lokeswari, G.V., Sowmya G.V., Reddy V.P.C., “An Effective Brain Tumor Segmentation Using K-means clustering”, in International Research Journal of Enginnering and Technology (IRJER), Vol. 05 Mar. 2018.
. Maier, O., Wilms, M., & Handels, H., “Highly discriminative features for glioma segmentation in MR volumes with random forests”, Proccedings of the Multimodal Brain Tumor Image Segmentation Challenge (MICCAI-BRATS), pp.38-41.
. Pereira, S., Pinto, A., Alves, V., & Silva, C.A., “Deep convolutional neural networks for the segmentation of gliomas in mulit-sequence MRI”, IN BrainLes 2015, pp.131-143. Springer, Cham.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Computer (IJC)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.