Fuzzy Logic Based Dam Water Shutter Control System by Using Water Level and Rainfall Condition in Raining Season
A robust water shutter management system ensures that the water does not overflow and destroy or damage the dam. During the rainy season, care must be taken when dams conserve water, if the reservoir volume is too high, the risk of dam failure may be increased. So water level control is a special matter in the rainy season. Fuzzy logic sets provide better control than binary logic-based methods because they are used to determine the meaning of qualitative values for controller inputs and outputs, such as small, medium, and large control actions. This system used the fuzzy logic control theory in the water shutter management system to get smoothness motor control values of small, very small, medium, large, and very large. The system uses ultrasonic sensors to detect water levels, rain sensors to detect rain, and fuzzy logic controls to control the PWM duty cycle to the shutter gate motor driver circuit based on the detection of these two sensors. This control strategy is implemented with Arduino Uno.
. Benjamin Kommey, Seth Djanie Kotey, Daniel Opoku, Ultrasonic Sensor-Based Automated Water Dam Shutter, JITCE - VOL. 04 NO. 01 (2020) 1-4
. Sai Sreekar Siddula, Phaneendra Babu, P.C. Jain, Water Level Monitoring and Management of Dams using IoT ,IEEE Xplore: 05 November 2018, 10.1109/IoT-SIU.2018.8519843
. Makesh Iyer, Shrikant Pai, Sneha Badri, Embedded Dam Gate Control System using ‘C’ and Visual Basic, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887), Volume 69– No.2, May 2013
. Yogesh Waghmare, Prakash Choudhary, Mohit Rochlani and Manisha Rajput, Fuzzy Logic Based Flood Warning and Floodgate Control System, International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management, Vol. 2, No. 7, 2017, pp. 172-175
. Nilesh K. Kulkarni, Virendra V. Shete, Hybrid Neuro-Fuzzy Approach for Flood Prediction and Dam Gate Control , International Conference on Information Society (i-Society 2014), IEEE Xplore: 19 January 2015, p-213
. Ignatio Madanhire and Munyaradzi Madaka, Design of an Automated Dam Shutter Control System: Case Study, Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM) Paris, France, July 26-27, 2018, p 2627
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Computer (IJC)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.