Intelligent Drip Irrigation System Using Linear Programming and Interpolation Methodology
In this paper, the Design of Intelligent Drip Irrigation system for the Automation of Drip irrigation is presented. Generally the Drip irrigation was named in Israel in 1959. Drip Irrigation is today’s need because water is nature’s gift to the mankind and it is not unlimited and free forever. World’s water resources are fastly vanishing. The one and only one solution to this problem is Intelligent Drip Irrigation system. In the conventional drip irrigation system, the farmer has to keep watch on irrigation timetable, which is different for different crops. In Intelligent Drip Irrigation using Linear Programming irrigation will take place only when there will be intense requirement of water. Irrigation system uses valves to turn irrigation ON and OFF. These valves may be easily automated by using controllers and solenoids. The developed irrigation method removes the need for workmanship for flooding irrigation as well as drip irrigation along with that it allows the farmer to apply the right amount of water at the right time, regardless of the availability of the labour to turn valves or motor ON & OFF. In this presented Intelligent Irrigation system I have used linear programming concept and Interpolation Method. Linear Programming helps us to distribute available water to the number of crops in order to get maximum profit with minimum cost. Also linear Programming helps us to do proper management of available water. Interpolation Method is used to map the physical parameters readings in the farm where taking manual readings is not possible. Finally both the methodology helps us to increase productivity of the crops and ultimately profit.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.