Mouse Jacking: A Survey
In the modern era of technology, devices have become smaller, more user friendly and most importantly, wireless. Gadgets these days come with convenient wireless variants for the user. These wireless gadgets allow the user to access the host machine from a distance that varies depending upon the range of the radio signal. The latest innovation of wireless mouse has given the user freedom from the old technology of wired mouse. However, there is a serious threat that comes along with the facility of a wireless mouse. The data transmitted from the click on the mouse to the radio transceiver attached to the computer is not in an encrypted format, and is usually considered as data that is not confidential or important. Mouse Jacking is a set of vulnerabilities that is associated with wireless, non-Bluetooth mice and keyboards. Mouse Jacking allows the hacker or unauthorized user to access the target computer from 100 meters away by using an inexpensive USB dongle.
Godspeed Travis, “Promiscuity is the nRF24L01+'s Duty.” Internet:
http://travisgoodspeed.blogspot.com/2011/02/promiscuity-is-nrf24l01s-duty.html. Feb 7, 2011 [Mar 04, 2016].
William Stalling, “Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice, International Edition: Principles and Practice” , 6th edition, vol. 1, Ed. New York, Pearson, 2014, 66-231.
Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation Inc., ”Meta key”, Internet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_key, Feb. 6, 2016 [Mar. 05, 2016]
Logitech, “Logitech Advanced 2.4 GHz Technology”, Internet:
http://www.logitech.com/images/pdf/roem/Logitech_Adv_24_Ghz_Whitepaper_BPG2009.pdf, Mar. 2, 2009 [Mar. 3, 2016]
Andy Greenberg. “Flaws in Wireless Mice and Keyboards Let Hackers Type on Your PC.” Internet:
https://www.wired.com/2016/02/flaws-in-wireless-mice-and-keyboards-let-hackers-type-on-your-pc/, Feb. 23, 2016 [Mar. 03, 2016]
Newlin, Marc, “Hacking Wireless Mice with an NES Controller”, ToorCon 17, San Diego, CA, Oct 24, 2015, [Mar 05, 2016].
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.