Infrastructure-less Vehicular Communication System Using Li-Fi Technology
This paper introduces vehicle to vehicle (v2v) communication system using Li-Fi technology. The lightning quick transfer of information between vehicles becomes mandatory when danger is imminent as it can instantly diffuse a potentially hazardous situation. Connected cars will help cities and states cut down on congestion and improve safety. On the road, cars will communicate with each other, automatically transmitting data such as speed, position, and direction, and send alerts to each other if a crash seems imminent. We consider the several scenarios: 1) communication between car and RSU 2) inter vehicular communication 3) communication based network system. The reach ability, delay in transmission and percentage collisions are evaluated with respect to the average distance between cars using pixel oriented visualization. With the help of LEDs fitted in the car, we can transmit data seamlessly using rapid pulse of light over VANET (Vehicular Ad-hoc network) for high speed communications.
1M.Sowmiya, 2G.Visali, A Study on LiFi Wireless Visible Light Communication, 1st ed. 2016.
"Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Cloud Computing Services", Amazon Web Services, Inc., 2016. [Online]. Available: https://aws.amazon.com/.
H. Haas, L. Yin, Y. Wang and C. Chen, "What is LiFi?", Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1533-1544, 2016.
Dr. Nirbhay Kumar Chaubey, Security Analysis of Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs): A Comprehensive Study, 1st ed. 2016.
V. Kumar, S. Mishra and N. Chand, "Applications of VANETs: Present & Future", CN, vol. 05, no. 01, pp. 12-15, 2013.
"Área Computadores", Comp.ist.utl.pt, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://comp.ist.utl.pt/index.html/.
S. Najafzadeh, N. Ithnin and S. Abd Razak, "Broadcasting in Connected and Fragmented Vehicular AdHoc Networks", International Journal of Vehicular Technology, vol. 2014, pp. 1-15, 2014.
"Mechatronika, Optika és Gépészeti Informatika tanszék - Bemutatkozás", Mogi.bme.hu, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.mogi.bme.hu/.
Cen B. Liu, "Enabling vehicular Visible Light Communication (V2LC) networks", Proceedings of the Eighth International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks, VANET 2011, Las Vegas, NV, USA, September 1, 2011, 2011.
E. Eze, S. Zhang, E. Liu and J. Eze, "Advances in vehicular ad-hoc networks (VANETs): Challenges and road-map for future development", International Journal of Automation and Computing, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1-18, 2016.
Geetam S. Tomar, "Position Based Routing for Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", IJSSST, Vol. 10, No. 1.
Qian Huang, "Integrating Li-Fi Wireless Communication and Energy Harvesting Wireless Sensor for Next Generation Building", INTERNATIONAL HIGH PERFORMANCE BUILDINGS CONFERENCE, 2014.
"What is OBU (On-Board Unit) | IGI Global", Igi-global.com, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.igi-global.com/dictionary/obu-on-board-unit/34930.
Noof Al Abdulsalam, Raya Al Hajri, Zahra Al Abri, Zainab Al Lawati, and Mohammed M. Bait-Suwailam, "Design and Implementation of a Vehicle to Vehicle Communication System Using Li-Fi Technology", 2015.
"What is a Virtual Path Identifier (VPI)? - Definition from Techopedia", Techopedia.com, 2016. [Online]. Available: https://www.techopedia.com/definition/5407/virtual-path-identifier-vpi.
"Li-Fi the future of Vehicular Ad hoc Networks", Scholarpublishing.org, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.scholarpublishing.org/index.php/TNC/article/view/1223/730.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.